By daVIZta on May 23, 2014 in
Current Openings: Pune, India
Data System Analyst – Technical Role
- Develop project plans, including cost/benefit analysis, for system enhancements that meet business requirements.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all levels of management from both business and technical teams.
- Assist in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Understand the necessity of project standards and applies them consistently.
- Develop internal and external meeting objectives and agendas.
- Prioritize multiple tasks / Projects effectively.
- Understand the components of running a successful project.
- Continuous improvement of the Product quality and service deliverables in consultation with Product Team & Consulting team/SMEs.
- Decisionsmaking ability and analytical skills.
Technical Recommendation and Testing
- Assist end users with conducting conference room pilots and testing solutions.
- Define test conditions.
- Develop accurate and complete test plans.
- Conduct testing according to plan.
- Identify and document system deficiencies and recommends solutions.
- 0-3 / 3-6 yrs/6yrs plus years of experience as a Data System Analyst or similar role supporting business applications and processes.
- Strong SQL, troubleshooting, and data analysis skills. A genuine liking for databases is a must.
- Previous Experience of working on SQL Server 2K/2K5/2K8. Strong T-SQL Knowledge.
- Working knowledge of Oracle databases is an added advantage.
- Previous Experience in supporting Applications for Healthcare / Pharmaceutical Customers (E.g. Contracting / Rebate Systems, Government Pricing and Medicaid Systems)
- Basic Understanding of Unix Schell Scripts, Enterprise scheduling
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including management, from both business and technical teams.
- Assist the user community with validation and troubleshooting system issues (e.g., configuration issues). This includes utilizing SQL for diagnosis.
- Understand technical design specifications
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with pharmaceutical sales, aggregate spend, managed care, government pricing, rebates, chargebacks, customer operations, and other business processes.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (2003 or greater).
- Experience with project leadership related to technical initiatives.
- Candidate with inclination towards constantly improving the operational process by means of Automation / process re-design
- Candidate with experience in Integration of systems, Data Migration and data management
- Previous exposure to Business Intelligence (BI) Applications and tools.
- BE/BTech/BSc/MCA/PG Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution.
- Candidates having Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical industry background shall be preferred