Current Openings: Pune, India
Database Designer – Tech Dev Team
We are looking for a Database Designer who will be responsible for designing databases, writing SQL scripts for various database objects and optimizing performance. He/she will also work with other developers to optimize SQL statements as necessary, and establishing best practices. He/she will help solving all database usage issues and come up with ideas and advice that can help avoid such problems in the future.
- Design Analytics product database(s) housing raw source data to consolidated analytics stores.
- Guide all aspects of RDBMS programming development effort- including coding, performance tuning, framework enhancements and standardization.
- Work with all levels of development from analysis through implementation and support.
- Interact with business analysts and UI developers to establish/clarify their requirements, prepare documentation & specification and develop logical & physical solutions.
- Provide timely and accurate status updates to all levels of management from both business and technical teams.
- Take input from supervisor and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Understand the necessity of project standards and applies them consistently.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- 5-10 years of experience as a Database designer or similar role supporting business applications and processes
- Experience of working on SQL Server 2014
- Strong T-SQL, troubleshooting and data analysis skills
- Good experience of Development of Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers etc.
- Working experience of CTE, Temp table, Table variable, Derived table, etc.
- Working experience of Indexes, Joins and their usage scenarios
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements & Stored Procedures
- Working knowledge of Transactions and Error Handling
- Working knowledge of Reading XML in SQL
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Strong analytical and product development skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into logical and physical specification
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including management, from both business and technical teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good to have
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (2003 or greater)
- Working knowledge in an ETL Tool like Talend
- Knowledge of Jaspersoft Reporting tool
- Exposure to Java applications
- BE/BTech/BS from an accredited institution
Candidates with MCSA certification will be preferredBack